Monday, January 11, 2010

Camden's First Date (and some other fun stuff)

We went over to our friends P.J. and Jessica's house for dinner on New Years Day and Camden got to hang out with their their precious baby girl, Cara. They held hands and gave each other hugs. And then Cam stole her lipstick. And they poked each other in the eyes and stuck their fingers in each other's mouths. You know, typical first date stuff.




Cam got his hair cut for the first time on Saturday. We went out to eat lunch before and we ordered from the kid's menu for the first time. He got a grilled cheese and danced while he ate it. Then we went to a place near our house called "Pigtails and Crewcuts" (how cute is that?!) and Cam settled into his fire truck for his very first big boy hair cut. He laughed, he cried, he drove his little heart out, and then it was finally over and he got an animal cracker to celebrate.




On Sunday, Camden's good friend Emma came over to play. I got to chat with her mommy, Jennifer, about how fast our babies are growing (they were born 2 weeks apart) and the babies had a blast.

This is one of the few pictures of their playdate where Camden wasn't doing this crazy looking "smile" that he all of a sudden decided to do in all of his pictures. As soon as he sees the red-eye flash, he poses and does this huge grin. Here is a picture I took of him tonight cheesing it up before bedtime:

He is such a ham:)

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Jane! I'm Kim, Mom to Preston, age 4 achon. Camden is ADORABLE! I'd love to add your blog to mine. I am at www.monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com
We have a wonderful blogging family on here and on Facebook. Looking forward to getting to know you. I am in Richmond, VA.

Melissa Swartley said...

Hi Jane! I'm Melissa mom to Sonya turning 2 on Saturday, Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3 (Brittle Bones, a rarer type of dwarfism), Zoe 8 years old and Akela 5 years old. Camden is soooo cute!!! I'd love to add your blog! I'm at www.swartley.blogspot.com As Kim has said we have an awesome blogging family here and on FB! Looking forward to getting to know ya! :)

Caden and Mommy said...

Hi Jane ~ I am Trisha, mom to Caden, almost 3 year achon. Your story sounds similar to ours ... we didn't get Cadens achon diagnosis until he was just over a year. It is nice to virtually meet you.
Camden is adorable :0)

Unknown said...

Aww, what a cute first date! What girl could resist Camden's adorable smile?? And he looks so handsome with his new haircut!

Unknown said...

Jane, I'm also wondering where in NC you are? We have some family down there and we vacation in SC every year. My email is linked through my blogger profile.

Bylynda said...

Hi jane, What a gorgeous boy you have. I am from Australia, and have just found out my beautiful 1yr old nephew Tyler has hypochondroplasia. (He turned one on the 10th of September 2010.
It has been a suprise to the whole family and it is lovely to see pictures of Camden and know that my beautiful sister Mell and her family aren't alone in the world. I can't wait to show her your blog.
Best Wishes to you and your growing family.
Bylynda